Need help connecting Zoom H2n to Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

necrome

Need help connecting Zoom H2n to Auria

Post by necrome » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:27 pm

Hi there everyone, I've been trying to connect my Zoom H2n to Auria and use its mics for recording into a vocal track. I'm currently powering it with a powerbank through a Y-cable (that part works), and then plugging it into the iPad Air 1. The problem I'm running into is, I've gotten it to work ONCE but other times the iPad tells me that the device requires too much power (when it's already powered and in audio interface mode) and Auria only records from the iPad's built-in microphone.

I've tried going through a USB hub but that didn't seem to make a difference and tried various orders of plugging the device in (lightning first, lightning last etc.) but nothing seems to consistently work. Would appreciate if anyone can help me here :D Thanks!

Washboy
Expert

Re: Need help connecting Zoom H2n to Auria

Post by Washboy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:48 am

Are you using a genuine Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter or is it a clone? Clones have a bad reputation for this sort of thing.

necrome

Post by necrome » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:08 am

Have a geniune CCK :) Not sure if it's an iOS version issue, the previous time I had it working and connected I was still on iOS 8, now I'm on 9.2.1. Tried basically all permutations of connection orders and powering, still can't get it to work...

krzycrs
Expert

Post by krzycrs » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:31 am

Upgrading to 9.3 would be a good idea, cause of the known latency bug, and did you power the usb hub with the bank (how much mA)?

stromberg-carlson
Expert

which hub?

Post by stromberg-carlson » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:30 am

you are still using a powered hub? can you post what you are using? i was using the usb 3 to lightning dongle that had the lightning port for power pass through. i tried to use an eternal accessory and it would not work. i picked up a powered hub and it has worked each and every time with no "too much power" nonsense.

perhaps try a different powered hub.