PSP OldTimer, your thoughts?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

kaikoo
Expert

PSP OldTimer, your thoughts?

Post by kaikoo » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:46 am

Hi,

Today I bought the last plugin of my wishes on Auria Store.

It is the most mysterious plugin in the store, PSP Oldtimer! :lol:

kaikoo
Expert

Re: PSP OldTimer, your thoughts?

Post by kaikoo » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:54 am

Why I make this topic?

Keep record to new comers and buyers!

PSP OldTimer; if you search Google and Audiobus forum and here! You don't find many infos.

All you see out there only said to you just a few words, which is 'I like it' or 'I love it' or 'you must have it!'.

It looks simple and easy to the eyes!

But what it is? You can write here, experts!

There is no secret that you can help consumers a lot...
Last edited by kaikoo on Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

kaikoo
Expert

Post by kaikoo » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:25 am

Let me tell you guys my understanding a bit! I won't tell or show you much or I have few knowledge can tell you!

But I can help you basic...

Turn on your Tiwn2, select clean preset. Clean anything you don't want! Left it to mono single channel speaker out as defaut looks! Turn off filter and turn off delay too on Twin2.

Now you only select one oscillator and select a wave form such as Sine or Saw.

Change to zero octave, You are done! Now, turn Twin2 synth off scrren with the 'x' button.

Then select PSP OldTimer to insert it to first or second slot.

Then on channel strip, select Pro Q2 and plug it and leave it as default flat.

Now, you choose ProQ2 'e' button first when every plugins off the screen, it will open, you then tick 'small' screen size for iPad.

Now you don't press the 'x' button to turn ProQ2 off, then go for the Oldtimer 'e' button to open it! The image on iPad screen will now flip to smaller Oldtimer window and ProQ2 get disappearing now. Still, you don't touch the Oldtimer 'x'! Now, you press Tiwn2 'e' button, you will have 3 apps window open and stacking together for you shown on the photo below here. If you can not have 3 windows open like the photo shown, try one or few times to know the trick.

Ok, you are done, so you are left with a right hand corner keyboard for you to touch, test and turn every possible knobs of OldTimer. You will see and realize what the PSP OldTimer is about!
Attachments
12194794-BB99-41D2-9E93-CDECE65AD627.JPG
PSP Oldtimer spectrum plot
Last edited by kaikoo on Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

kaikoo
Expert

Post by kaikoo » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:42 am

If you playing keyboard to test sine and saw wave, you can see how the spectrum harmonics are changing with ProQ2 screen. If you really want to know why this plugin is so powerful to make sounds more interesting to you; well, you must educate yourself about those knobs for what they do for you!

I can see not many experts can help you with articles with their time, so I give you my simple best shot to let you know you can do it.

This little PSP OldTimer can make awesome tiny differences on your sound spectrum fluctuations manipulated to your good. At the same time, now you can buy cheaper on Auria store. Very efficient ways to help every single track for your music!

thinds
Expert

Post by thinds » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:38 pm

That's a very elegant and descriptive explanation @kaikoo. I'm sure that is going to be of great use to many people who have wondered about OT. I love to use it on a sub group, giving a subtle overall lift. It's a greatly underestimated plug I think.

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:07 pm

Yep I also use it loads to lift tracks really really good for that , it's really helped on live recordings of individual tracks
8) love old timer

crouchie
Expert

Post by crouchie » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:44 pm

Thanks, really interesting. Don't own it at present but don't need much encouragement...