Exporting large files

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Precedentsoundars

Exporting large files

Post by Precedentsoundars » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:50 pm

I have a project larger than 4Gig that won't load onto sandisk ixpand. I am trying to load into Logic Pro x for further mixing and processing with izotope. As I cannot export the whole project I'm fine with exporting individual (stereo) channels, however I'm lost at doing this. I've tried selecting the region and exporting to other app, but it will only export the entire project. I've created stems to export, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to access them once saved. I see the folder in the load project window, but can't do anything with it except load it. This has got to be simple, but it's not for me, or at least it's not very intuitive a function.

Thanks for any help.

Precedentsoundars

Re: Exporting large files

Post by Precedentsoundars » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:29 am

Discovered iFunbox. Perhaps this could be added to the manual as it is the most simple and free way to achieve file transfers off iPad to Mac/pc. Experienced IOS pros probably know this already and take it for granted though its not common knowledge. Would still like to know easy way to export single region from Auria pro to ixpand storage drive. Thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:22 am

It's quite possible that the iXpand app won't accept files larger than 4GB, since that's the limit for FAT32 file systems.

Rim

stromberg-carlson
Expert

Post by stromberg-carlson » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:27 am

exactly what i was thinking.

Precedentsoundars

Post by Precedentsoundars » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:31 am

Yes it makes sense regarding file size not exceeding 4GB. However, in trying to find a workaround I still would like to know how to export individual regions from a project. I often have multitrack projects 30-45 min at 24/96 and would like to be able to export without using iFunbox as I don't want to carry my Macbook with me, otherwise I would just record to Logic. Suggestions? Thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:20 pm

You can do this using AudioShare. It'll allow you to copy regions directly from Auria to AudioShare (using Auria's Share menu), then you can copy those files to your iXpand from AudioShare.

Rim