Feature Requests: Notepad and Keyboard

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

wmwm

Feature Requests: Notepad and Keyboard

Post by wmwm » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:54 pm

With AU not widely implemented and even if it ever is:
It would be awesome if we could get a note pad on a per track basis. This would eliminate my need to use another app or pencil and paper to keep track what app and preset I used on last night’s session or any notes for that matter regarding the track. Putting it on the channel strip would be great.

The ability to use a Bluetooth keyboard for functions and shortcuts (play, stop, undo, etc. etc.) even data entry would be a small revolution as I do not think it is implemented in any other iOS DAW right now. The ability to customize these would be phenomenal but secondary to the main function.

Inconceivable? Maybe. Convenient; definitely!

Thanks and happy new year.

sodium
Expert

Re: Feature Requests: Notepad and Keyboard

Post by sodium » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:24 pm

in regards bluetooth, from memory the possibility of having bluetooth audio to a monitor ,such as a Jambox or similar, was mooted but Rim pointed out that the bandwidth required would adversely affect Auria's performance. I also believe there was an Apple restriction regarding bluetooth for apps that record and playback.

cheers,
na
"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."

Radside
Expert

Post by Radside » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:45 pm

There are different protocols for Bluetooth...maybe not all of them are prohibited. I've seen videos of a Jamstik playing a guitar VI in Garage Band via BT so surely there is a difference.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:08 pm

I can use a Bluetooth keyboard with Auria to type, but I can't use a Bluetooth speaker. I don't know that I'd use the keyboard that way.

The track notes request has been on Rim's plate for a long time. But, especially with the fact that the preset names on plugins disappear when you close and open the app, so you can't remember which one you used, I'd love to have it. Not that RIm doesn't have lots to do. :D

wmwm

Post by wmwm » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:28 am

Yeah, The issue of presets in Fabfilter is a major drive for the request of some form of track notes. Right now I keep hand notes (which works well), sometimes I use note apps. I tend to experiment, and have to keep an elaborate preset system per app so when I return to a song within Auria, I can get back to where I left off. I understand this is iOS in a nutshell and have tried the state saving of AB, but that is not an elegant solution for me either and another abstract layer. Notes within the DAW would be lovely.

The Bluetooth Keyboard (or anything satisfing the need) stems from the fact that I have my Ipads teathered and mounted on a desk, when recording I would love the trigger events without reaching over to the Ipad, or be able to undo from the mixer screen without having to go back into the waveform view. If bluetooth is an issue, no problem, I will survive. I dont actually like bluetooth much anyway, would rather use a midi controller for my start stop record needs, but keybords can have so many other functions.

I do realize these cannot be implemented overnight, or at all. Thought I would throw them out there to see what sticks. Aparently others have had the same thought so they cannot be to ludicris.

Really Enjoying Auria Pro, Keep up the good work Rim! Great community here as well, thanks gies!

jadmorffier
Expert

Post by jadmorffier » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:16 am

Perhaps a notepad as a plug-in would work? I like to use Auria when writing songs. Skipping back or forwards to different parts is so easy with Auria. To have a notepad window open with the tracks in the background would be great. But at the moment pen and paper will suffice.
Whatever is but might not be is dependent on what is and cannot not be.