Inter-app audio midi in Auria Pro

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Artmuzz

Inter-app audio midi in Auria Pro

Post by Artmuzz » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:41 am

In Auria Pro I have opened Sunrizer as an IAA on a midi track and I have opened Sunrizer to play notes using the keyboard on Sunrizer but it doesn't seem to record notes into Auria Pro. I have the record enabled on the midi track with the Sunrizer IAA and the correct midi settings but still it doesn't seem to record the notes. Please advise.

Also, is there a way I can play IAA plugins using the Lyra keyboard? As Auria Pro doesn't seem to have a dedicated keyboard.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Inter-app audio midi in Auria Pro

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:54 am

Not all IAAs output MIDI. If it does make sure you enable it's MIDI output in the sunriser settings. Also, it's important to go into Auria's settings and turn on the background audio option. Otherwise Auria will suspend when you switch to another app.

Rim

Artmuzz

Post by Artmuzz » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:15 am

That's a pity. Sunrizer doesn't have midi output but I'm sure I was able to record midi notes from Sunrizer using Beatmaker 2. Anyway I guess the only way to record midi notes on Auria Pro from IAA plugins that don't support midi output is to draw them in using the piano roll unless there is a way to play back the notes using the Lyra keyboard.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:21 am

The Lyra keyboard only plays Lyra. Having a separate global keyboard is on my list however.

The keyboard on the left of the piano roll is recordable (albeit one note at a time).

Rim

Cpu Red
Expert

Post by Cpu Red » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:01 pm

You can use a seperate app to record the midi notes while controlling sunrizer. I do this with Animoog since it has customizable scales and a nice keyboard. Another great app to use for this purpose is Magellan. It also has customizable scales and you can split each key vertically into 3 octaves. You can also have two virtual keyboards on screen at the same time sending two different midi outputs. Chordion also has a keyboard that could be used for this purpose.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:43 am

SynthMaster has the same issue in Cubasis as well (I just tested it). It seems like this might be a simple resource issue, where the iPad runs out of memory and shuts apps down automatically, but it's impossible to tell. I've sent an e-mail to the SynthMaster developers to ask them to look into this, so we'll see what they say.

Keep in mind that IAAs are separate apps, written by independent developers, so we can't control how they act. The issue is compounded by the fact that Apple doesn't have any good documentation available to developers on how to implement IAAs, so it's up to each developer, and this has created a mess.

Rim

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:15 pm

The solution for all IAA connection issues is AU