Anyone using the Leef iBridge?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Mythmongrel
Expert

Anyone using the Leef iBridge?

Post by Mythmongrel » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:55 pm

I was thinking of getting one. The Audioshare dev has got the SDK for this device so if that comes to fruition it would be very appealing. I haven't heard any reports from users on here; I'd like to know what y'all think.

Druid88
Expert

Re: Anyone using the Leef iBridge?

Post by Druid88 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:12 pm

I bought one but my wife says its a Christmas present so cant help you out for a while. Sure hope it solves my storage issues though it would give me room for more apps.

Mythmongrel
Expert

Post by Mythmongrel » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:42 pm

It must have been tested by someone, as I'm sure I saw a picture of it in the blurb about saving to such devices. I'd love to get some feedback.

peteT
Expert

Post by peteT » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:14 am

Does anyone know if it will run on an iPad 2 original?

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:54 am

peteT wrote:Does anyone know if it will run on an iPad 2 original?
I doubt it. It's a lightning connector, not 30-pin :|

Druid88
Expert

Post by Druid88 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:45 pm

I've used the leef ibridge now for a few projects and it is by no means just drag and drop. after messing around with it for a bit and some trial and error it will allow me to transfer projects onto the drive and load them back into Auria. I would suggest making a sample project to save for the first try before deleting any of your projects from Auria before you get the hang of how it works.

audiohub

Post by audiohub » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:52 pm

Interesting...I've been looking at the different technologies available to archive my projects (other than Dropbox, which has always been problematic for me) and have seen the Leef mentioned before.

What made it tricky to use?

I admit it did sort of seem like a drag and drop sorta thing, and a bit more expensive than I would have expected for the given storage sizes.

Druid88
Expert

Post by Druid88 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:30 pm

Audiohub there are 2 sections to the file manager in the Leef app app storage and ibridge staorage. The app storage compresses your project file but it still takes up room on your ipad drive. The ibridge storage compresses the project and places it on the external drive. Other than that its not hard to use its just not as simple as saving to the external drive and opening the same file from the external drive. I'm sure once I'm used to the process it will seem easier.