Auria Pro / IPad Pro /Focusrite 18i8 / Ampkit Guitar app

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Morgan
Expert

Auria Pro / IPad Pro /Focusrite 18i8 / Ampkit Guitar app

Post by Morgan » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:03 am

Hi everyone, I wonder if any users has the above combination. Ampkit guitar App is misbehaving but that may be due to the lack of updates. I have a strange observation about AMPKIT in that when it is connected to my IPAD 4 it returns inputs of "Apple USB camera adaptor Left" and "Apple USB camera adaptor Right". On the IPAD PRO I only get Apple USB camera adaptor with no left or right options. The IPAD Pro and IPAD 4 are setup exactly the same as is the AMPKIT app on both IPads. I can't get the Ampkit to work but does anyone know if the lighting connector on the IPad Pro has any differences to that of the Older IPads. Auria sees all inputs from the Focusrite 18i8 correctly on both IPads. If anyone else can make the same observation I would appreciate a response as I'm unsure if there is anything wrong with the IPAD pro lightning connector. Thanks Trevor

Morgan
Expert

Re: Auria Pro / IPad Pro /Focusrite 18i8 / Ampkit Guitar app

Post by Morgan » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:22 pm

Hi all, I seem to have answered my own query. I borrowed someone else's IPad Pro and got the same results so I expect Ampkit need to look into there App to see what's going wrong. Thanks anyway.

Trevor

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:10 pm

Is your iPad4 on iOS9 also (like your iPad Pro)? It may have something to do with that.

Morgan
Expert

Post by Morgan » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:13 am

Thanks for your response Washboy. At the time of doing the test both the IPad 4 and IPad Pro were on the same iOS 9.2 version. My initial thoughts were that Apple had changed some physical aspects of the Lightning port that created this little anomaly. Having checked the forums it appears that Ampkit have not published any updates to support iOS 9 so until the App gets compatibility with the latest iOS this little oddity won't get sorted. Having paid for the full version of Ampkit it is very disappointing to have an App that is now useless because it is not compatible with iOS 9. Thanks for the response.

GuntharBecker
Expert

Post by GuntharBecker » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:01 pm

@Morgan

Are you still having any latency issues with your 18i8 on the iPad Pro after the iOS 9.2 update?

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 614#p44614

It would seem that a few 18i8 owners (myself included) have run into issues after updating. Your post doesn't seem to indicate that you're having these issues anymore. Was wondering if the IPad Pro is not affected. Plus you say you're on 9.2 but your post in the other thread stated you had gone back to 9.1. Did you find a solution for 9.2?
iPad Air 2 64, Scarlett 18i8, Auria, etc.

Morgan
Expert

Post by Morgan » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:48 pm

Hi there GuntharBecker I am currently back on iOS 9.1 on my IPad Pro and the 18i8 is now running without any problems. I have an IPad 4 which I have left on iOS 9.2 and also exhibits the same problem with the 18i8. I am using this as a test bed in anticipation of Focusrite resolving the issue with Apple on what's causing the problems. I did contact Focusrite and they did say they were going to contact Apple on the issue. Apple support were absolute crap when I called them and explained I wanted to return my IPad Pro to version 9.1. They refused any assistance in getting me back to 9.1 saying I could not do it. I located a website that gave the necessary detail on how to revert back to 9.1 which temporarily has resolved the issue. Hope this helps. Trevor

GuntharBecker
Expert

Post by GuntharBecker » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:36 pm

Sounds good; please report back if you make any progress.

Thanks for you reply. :D
iPad Air 2 64, Scarlett 18i8, Auria, etc.

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:31 am

Please hurry up to donwgrade to ios9.1 because sooner or later (maybe sooner) Apple will close signature key so u'll cant never downgrade .

It seems that the issue only affects larger channel count usb audio interfaces and not MFI devices i.e ones that have a lightning or 30 pin connection on them, such as the iTrack Dock.

Focusrite have reported this issue to Apple and they will also continue to investigate to see if we can find a resolution, but u have to remember 18i8 isn't officially supported by Focursite and 18i8 isn't a MFI device, so i'm pretty negative about they'll resolve this problems.
iPad Air Pro 11 iOS 16.3 WiFi 512 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com