Small interface change request

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

DavePDX
Expert

Small interface change request

Post by DavePDX » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:29 pm

Still LOVING the Pro upgrade! One small request though:

I'm wondering if there's a possibility of having you swap the locations of the track color selector with the MIDI track FX button. As it stands, when there are a lot of tracks and they are condensed, the FX button is hidden before the color selector. To me, it would be far preferable to have the color selector hidden and display the FX button in this instance. Am I alone?

DaveB
Expert

Re: Small interface change request

Post by DaveB » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:33 pm

Agreed, good idea.

Cpu Red
Expert

Post by Cpu Red » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:37 pm

Agree.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:18 pm

Not a bad idea. I've got my hands full at the moment, but I'll add it to the wish list.

Rim

DavePDX
Expert

Post by DavePDX » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:25 pm

Thanks Rim , yes, of course,it's not a pressing matter.

Denzkps
Expert

Post by Denzkps » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:42 am

And track number. After renaming the track number disappears, it would be very good if the number remained. Since when do the import file, you must know the number of the track.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:29 am

There's definitely no room for the track number. I tried very hard to keep it, but with the track number still visible, the track name is too small. That's because I needed to fit the mute and solo buttons on the top line instead of having them on the second line. Making the font any smaller looked horrible as well.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:52 am

Rim wrote:There's definitely no room for the track number. I tried very hard to keep it, but with the track number still visible, the track name is too small. That's because I needed to fit the mute and solo buttons on the top line instead of having them on the second line. Making the font any smaller looked horrible as well.

Rim
having the mute and solo on the same line as the track name is a huge work flow enhancer.

Denzkps
Expert

Post by Denzkps » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:54 am

Yes, I agree, but I wanted to say that to know and see the track number is always very important. Now the track number disappears after giving it a name and you have to go into the mixer to see his number, and then return to the editing window. Or put a number before the name that just takes extra letters.
I think it would be very nice and comfortable if the button "set point in/out the region" returned to the editing window.
Sometimes I wonder why there is no clock in ineterface Auria :D and always I wonder how much time spent with the program. Many thanks Rim. The program is excellent!

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:42 pm

Rim wrote:There's definitely no room for the track number. I tried very hard to keep it, but with the track number still visible, the track name is too small. That's because I needed to fit the mute and solo buttons on the top line instead of having them on the second line. Making the font any smaller looked horrible as well.

Rim
It would probably be a load of work to implement but an alternative to having a number on the track header would be to use track names, instead of numbers, in the track selection lists (in Import File, etc.). One for the wish list? :D

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:43 pm

I agree, also a good suggestion.

Rim

peteT
Expert

Post by peteT » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:40 am

Rim,
I noticed that you commented somewhere about possibly changing the main icon bar which could be user specified in setup. A great idea for individual flexibility and use. Might it not be an idea to do something similar for the track icons in another set up. As time goes on I expect people will use Auria in a great myriad of ways and for different purposes and I can see how one button or feature will be useless to one person while an absolute essential to another. I can understand this is something for the future - when any main bugs are hunted and destroyed on a new Auria Pro and things have settled.

My first impression of the track icon area is that the colour select button and example colour is too prominent and depending which colour is chosen for the clips sometimes overwhelms even to the degree that it is more prominent than the record arm button. One thought could be that the colour doesn't need to be seen beyond the selection, maybe the colours would only appear while selecting.

............ I am sure you will eventually hit a solution.

Sparkle
Expert

Post by Sparkle » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:50 am

I would request that track number be added to the FX button at the TOP of the channel on mixer page.
There is enough room for 2 FX , 12FX on the button slot & importantly it would give valuable navigation info ABOVE the the channel strip , & of the very button you're most likely looking for .
Currently ,Having to look to bottom of screen for track name & then mentally follow the mixer track up thru the channel strip which blocks it is tiresome .
Additionaly , given we have user track colours in track mode , why arent these reflected in mixer mode ?
Couldnt the background colour behind the fx button at top & track name at bottom be the chosen track colour ?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:11 am

I tried adding color tags to the bottom of the mixer screen and it looked horrible. I may revisit it at some point, if I can figure out a way to make it look nice. I think adding a number to the FX button would make it look too cluttered, but I can always experiment and see how it looks.

Rim

King
Expert

Post by King » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:40 am

Track number at the top, is also something I've long for..
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________