No sound with iOS 9 and audiobus

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Dad54

No sound with iOS 9 and audiobus

Post by Dad54 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:30 am

Not been able to use Auria and audiobus together (no sound at all ) and have to have Auria running for it to even load in audiobus.
All available app updates are installed but it's going to be a very quiet and frustrating weekend
Is there an Auria update planned to help - please !!!!!

supanorton
Expert

Re: No sound with iOS 9 and audiobus

Post by supanorton » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:50 am

Some users have reported that they've successfully reverted back to 8.4.1. Not sure how to do it, but some Googling might prove fruitful.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:15 am

Auria is not compatible with Audiobus on iOS9 currently. We're working with Audiobus to figure out the issue.

Rim

Dad54

Post by Dad54 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:31 am

Ok thanks for the confirmation
I trust you are doing what you can and look forward to it being sorted

MusicInclusive
Expert

Post by MusicInclusive » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:14 pm

Is this still an issue? I saw a post on the Audiobus forums that something had been fixed with AB and Auria, but, I'm still getting no sound with, e.g. Animoog -> no FX -> Auria.

Also - using Auria with Animoog freezes the Animoog keyboard - can't press any keys. (Just the keyboard and modstrips mind - not any other controls - which all work.) That doesn't happen when Animoog is started in an FX slot via IAA - keyboard works then fine.

Even if I start a sound in Animoog and press hold, it doesn't sound. Not wanting to overface you Rim since you were already aware of it, just wondering in the light of the AB forums comment that the issue with Auria was "fixed" :-)

Tried various other sound sources too. Same issue - and, yes, I restarted the iPad as well.

Again - if this is still the same ongoing issue, NP, just wanted to be sure I hadn't missed something.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:53 pm

I don't know of any fixes for this, unless the Audiobus devs released something. Unless they fix this themselves, the fix for this will have to wait until Auria 2.0 is out, since Apple is no longer accepting 32 bit app updates (Auria is 32 bit, while Auria 2.0 / Auria Pro are 64 bit apps).

As a workaround, I recommend using the IAA versions. Most apps are accessible through IAA, so this shouldn't cause much of an issue until Auria 2.0 is out.

Rim

MusicInclusive
Expert

Post by MusicInclusive » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:32 pm

Ah. Thanks Rim. Appreciate the update :-/

EDIT: So, hmmm, what will happen with non-64-bit devices that are updated to iOS 9? Will Auria (older Auria) never again work with Audiobus, and, will Auria Pro not work on them? That confused me when I read back... :-O

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:40 am

64 bit iPads can run both 32 and 64 bit apps, so Auria 1.x will continue to run on all devices.

Rim

MusicInclusive
Expert

Post by MusicInclusive » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:33 am

Sure, but what about iPad 2, mini 1's, iPad 3's etc. Plenty of people still use those. A good number have updated to iOS 9 already on those. So, will there be no fix for them? Just inquiring. And, will Auria Pro not work on those?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:01 am

Sorry, I should have been more clear - No one will be excluded when Auria 2.0 comes out. Auria 2.0 is a 64/32 bit application (as all new apps are required to be), so it will work on new 64 bit iPads, but also on older 32 bit iPads as well. So if you're currently using Auria on an iPad 2, it will still run exactly the same (actually it'll be a bit faster and use less memory).

Auria Pro however is only recommended on iPad 4 or newer.

Rim

MusicInclusive
Expert

Post by MusicInclusive » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:14 am

Thank you sir! :-) Helpful clarification - it's what I had understood - seemed like a change, and it befuddled me before :-D Keep up the excellent work! Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Gary
Expert

Post by Gary » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:54 am

IOS 8.4.1 is still available. Here is the link IPSW.me

Gary
Expert

Post by Gary » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:17 am

IOS 8 is no longer available. :|

JRSIV
Expert

Post by JRSIV » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:41 am

In one of the earlier iOS 9 threads I posted about some of the fears that come with early adoption of new OS updates, and still, now almost 3 weeks after release iOS9 is still a scary proposition.

Two "double dot" updates later (i.e. software version updates for bug fixes; no real new features like a "single dot" update usually has), and there are still tons of issues for all users, not just music makers. I feel for the people who were just trying to get the latest software and features on their devices and get major hassles and headaches for doing so.

My biggest gripe is covered in this article from Forbes magazine http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly ... -0-2-risk/ . Apple makes going back to earlier versions impossible unless you want to get into the jailbreaking scene and spend tons of time hacking instead of recording. I won't, and really can't, experiment with iOS9 when reverting back to my current 8.4 is such a hassle.

I guess when apps I dig start to update to "for iOS9 and above only" I will really be faced with the choice of upgrading. For now, with everything working well and 8.4 being adequate, I am staying with my current setup.

Anyone else trepidatious about the 9 update and holding out until the post-release beta testing is through?
JRSIV's Studio V uses Auria Pro v2.33 on an iPad Air 5 (2022) 256GB w/iPadOS 16.3
Other gear includes: Tascam US-2x2 interface, Behringer UMC404HD interface, TC Electronics SOLO, Sony MDR-7506 headphones

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:42 am

if I had 2 ipads I'd consider experimenting with one of them with the latest iOS. Otherwise I'm leaving it till all the bugs are gone :-)