Track comping / more busses / tracks and plugins capacity

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mothermix

Track comping / more busses / tracks and plugins capacity

Post by mothermix » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:28 pm

Hello,

I think about switching from computer to tablet-mixing, because all the fader or automation actions must be really easy to handle with a touch screen. Auria seems a to be a professional and equivalent solution to substitute Cubase (I used it some years ago, quiet good), Logic (the sequencer before reaper, it was perfect), Reaper (which I'am using actually, it's ok) or any other sequencer.

I have some remaining questions:

1) I heard that Auria does not support an advanced take editing/ comping. Will this be included in the near future?
2) I need busses, busses, busses. 8+2 is definitley not enough (at least twice as much busses/ aux). Any chances that we will get unlimited busses/ aux (/track folders)?
3) Are their plans for a version that includes ALL actual plugins? Maybe with a fair rebate ;) ?
4) I do recordings/ mixing sessions with about 30+ tracks (my latest project is 50+) in 24/44 and I need approximately 50+ FX (mostly comp, eq). Will it be possible to handle this with an iPad Air 2 128GB?

Cheers and thanks, mothermix

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Track comping / more busses / tracks and plugins capacit

Post by Rim » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:26 pm

You'll be coming on board at the right time ;) Auria Pro will support unlimited tracks, flexible bus routing with up to 32 independent mono or stereo busses and a lot more. 50 EQs or compressors running at the same time should be no problem on an Air 2, depending on what other effects you have running.

Rim

mothermix

Post by mothermix » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:11 pm

iPad Air 2 ordered :wink: !

Thanks for the reply. Sounds very good 8) . That means Auria Pro will come soon? Edit: Just realized that the Pro version is an upgrade with a lots more features...
What about a comping feature?

50 FX means about 30 "normal"/standard/ onboard comps and EQs, about 10 modulation/ reverb etc FX and approx 10 high quality fx for subs (drum, vocals etc sub) and master (tape sim, limiter, eq). I have a lot of tracks in my projects that are multi-miked signals (guitar is 5 mics :o ) and most of them don't need an individiual fx treatment or at most a minor post production.

Cheers, mothermix
Last edited by mothermix on Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johow
Expert

Post by Johow » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:58 pm

But what of this multitake per track for comping, such as Logic does? That would be a very nice addition!
Air2 128GB, Auria Pro, Loopy, various apps in my collection. Assorted microphones, old m-audio mini keyboard, home made E-drum set, can of rocks, a bunch of home made acoustic and electric guitars, Basses, mandolins and guitjos, +other noise making toys.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:22 pm

It's impossible to say how much CPU a particular project would take, there are just too many variables...

Comping is a much requested feature, and is on my wishlist for a future update.

Rim

mothermix

Re: Track comping / more busses / tracks and plugins capacity

Post by mothermix » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:11 am

Any news about the comping features?