Drumagog

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rickwaugh
Expert

Drumagog

Post by rickwaugh » Mon May 11, 2015 10:40 am

I'm confused with this plugin. I thought it took drum sounds, and changed them to other sounds. But i saw apost here stating the opposite. So, if use drum agog, I could play drums with my hands on the kitchen table, and turn it into drum tracks?

martygras
Expert

Re: Drumagog

Post by martygras » Mon May 11, 2015 10:44 am

Yes.
As long as you put the taps representing the bass drum on one track and the taps representing the snare on another etc.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Mon May 11, 2015 10:48 am

rickwaugh wrote:I'm confused with this plugin. I thought it took drum sounds, and changed them to other sounds. But i saw apost here stating the opposite. So, if use drum agog, I could play drums with my hands on the kitchen table, and turn it into drum tracks?
Yes, that's one way I use it, for example I use the Impaktor app to create rhythms by drumming on the table, then I use Drumagog to turn Impaktor's sounds into something better. I also sometimes use other percussion apps to play along in real time and then use Drumagog to change the sounds.

But yes, you can also record yourself drumming on a table, snapping your fingers, clapping your hands etc... and drumagog can then swap out the recorded sounds with samples.

I'm really looking forward to Auria Pro's ability to quantize audio, which will make this workflow even better than it already is.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Mon May 11, 2015 12:26 pm

My cup overruns. :D I have been playing on the iPad. Wahoo.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Mon May 11, 2015 12:36 pm

Another question. If I play a complex drum part on my table, can I split the notes in drumagog into different tracks/drums?

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Mon May 11, 2015 2:52 pm

rickwaugh wrote:Another question. If I play a complex drum part on my table, can I split the notes in drumagog into different tracks/drums?
If you slice it up in the timeline by hand and then put different parts onto different tracks then yes, but it would probably be quicker to record each part separately.

If you you make very different sounds while drumming, say by making high pitched and low pitched noises you might be able to use the filter option in Drumagog to isolate the different parts.

Johow
Expert

Post by Johow » Mon May 11, 2015 4:53 pm

richardyot wrote:
rickwaugh wrote:I'm confused with this plugin. I thought it took drum sounds, and changed them to other sounds. But i saw apost here stating the opposite. So, if use drum agog, I could play drums with my hands on the kitchen table, and turn it into drum tracks?
I'm really looking forward to Auria Pro's ability to quantize audio, which will make this workflow even better than it already is.
I am really looking forward to using the pro app for this same purpose, I'm always needing to fix my drumming. I already use drumagog for changing the sounds. It gonna be grand!!!
Air2 128GB, Auria Pro, Loopy, various apps in my collection. Assorted microphones, old m-audio mini keyboard, home made E-drum set, can of rocks, a bunch of home made acoustic and electric guitars, Basses, mandolins and guitjos, +other noise making toys.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Mon May 11, 2015 6:06 pm

richardyot wrote:
rickwaugh wrote:Another question. If I play a complex drum part on my table, can I split the notes in drumagog into different tracks/drums?
If you slice it up in the timeline by hand and then put different parts onto different tracks then yes, but it would probably be quicker to record each part separately.

If you you make very different sounds while drumming, say by making high pitched and low pitched noises you might be able to use the filter option in Drumagog to isolate the different parts.
Interesting. I'm sure I can come up with something.