Moving tracks to another project

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rsh1953

Moving tracks to another project

Post by Rsh1953 » Wed May 06, 2015 7:23 am

I have a project where I recorded all the songs of a performance and now I would like to separate some songs into a different project. How do I copy those or regions with multiple tracks into a new project?

Corey W
Expert

Re: Moving tracks to another project

Post by Corey W » Wed May 06, 2015 11:35 am

There are a few ways you can approach this-
One way is to create a new project (Menu> New Project) for each song, import your desired tracks (from the original recording session) that contain the audio you want for that project (Menu> Import Audio), and delete the excess audio off of the track so you are just left with the audio you want for that project.

You can also highlight the desired audio from your original track and Mixdown into Stems (Menu> Mixdown> select 'Stems' from the 'File Type' dropdown menu, select 'Locator Range' for the 'Selection Range')
Now create a new project and import audio> Select the folder containing your stems and import them to new tracks in your project.

-Corey

Corey W
Expert

Re: Moving tracks to another project

Post by Corey W » Wed May 06, 2015 11:45 am

And as a note, if you are going to export/import as Stems, make sure you have no effects on your original audio tracks as that will get printed to the .Wav files

-Corey