Auria crashed and took all my work with it, help if you can

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Johow
Expert

Auria crashed and took all my work with it, help if you can

Post by Johow » Sun May 03, 2015 11:34 pm

I just tried to save a backup of the tune I'm working on, then hit the play button and most of the tracks were gone though some remained or some regions anyway. I had backed up several times so I just loaded an earlier version and started to play it. Then Auria crashed and would not restart. I made sure there were no other apps running and tried to restart. It will not come up, I just get the startup screen and then back to the iPad home screen. This happened early on in my Auria experience and I had to delete and reload Auria. Now I have several work in progress files, each with a lot of work actually and I hate to think that they may be lost. I hooked up to my Mac and tried to retrieve them via iTunes but when I go to iTunes file sharing and select Auria, it shows no files available. There are at least 4 project files that I have been working on and none of then are showing up in iTunes file sharing. If I delete Auria from my iPad, then those files are deleted as well right? I'm not doing anything until I figure out how to retrieve them if possible. If not then I'll probably say screw the iPad and go back to recording on the Mac. Why does apple keep us locked out of our own files. This sucks!!!
Air2 128GB, Auria Pro, Loopy, various apps in my collection. Assorted microphones, old m-audio mini keyboard, home made E-drum set, can of rocks, a bunch of home made acoustic and electric guitars, Basses, mandolins and guitjos, +other noise making toys.

Johow
Expert

Re: Auria crashed and took all my work with it, help if you

Post by Johow » Mon May 04, 2015 12:05 am

I'm also running 8.3 on my iPad which means I can't get in with the other file sharing toys, I tried though. It looks to me like I'm screwed but if anyone has a suggestion, I'm all ears. I tried an app called imazing which is a file share app and was told that Auria does not have iTunes file sharing enabled so will not work with the new 8.3 rules. I thought I had heard that this " file sharing" flag was enabled in Auria. Does anyone know if this is true. Perhaps this was corrupted when Auria crashed on my iPad. By the way, It's an Air2 128bg running 8.3, not jail broken.
Air2 128GB, Auria Pro, Loopy, various apps in my collection. Assorted microphones, old m-audio mini keyboard, home made E-drum set, can of rocks, a bunch of home made acoustic and electric guitars, Basses, mandolins and guitjos, +other noise making toys.

Johow
Expert

Post by Johow » Mon May 04, 2015 2:47 am

So here is what I have done. I recalled seeing a link on the audiobus forum about downgrading my iOS back to 8.2. I found the link and followed its instruction and successfully went back to 8.2. Now I should be able to use ifunbox to see my files on the iPad. Well for some reason I was unable to get ifunbox working properly but another app imazing, did and I grabbed all my files from to ipad and copied them to my Mac in anticipation of deleting Auria before reloading it. So after my files are safely copied, I unhook the iPad from the Mac and have a look. I decided to try and start up Auria one more time and there it was. Started right up and opened my latest file. It was still missing most of the audio just like I had seen it before the crash. I then opened another backup of the same project and it was all there. Then I deleted to bad file and am able to continue on with the project. I have no clue about what happened but am happy to get back what I thought I lost. I think I will stay here at 8.2 until such time as this file sharing issue gets resolved....hopefully that is.

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Mon May 04, 2015 5:32 am

Nice to hear you didn't lose your work. I'm also using a 128 gig Air 2 with 8.3.

Do you remember what you were doing right before the crash? Just curious if there's something you can think of for us to avoid.

King
Expert

Post by King » Mon May 04, 2015 8:02 am

That all sounds pretty unpleasant!

In relation, I too have had issues with 'Save Copy of Project' where the original project has become corrupt. I have a couple of things to report about Auria but decided to hold off until Pro to see if that would resolve them.

This is why in past posts, I say some of my work is in limbo. Very hesitant to do certain thing at this time.

To be honest, I don't even think I will upgrade, I may just purchase Pro. It's silly I know but for me Auria Pro must work!
Hobbyists may not understand why some people require constant progress updates, this is not just an app to some! It is there bread and butter!

Simple!

Still looking forward to 'Pro' but my excitement has wained somewhat. (Haven't had a fix!) (Auria junkie fix that is!)
But I am still looking forward to it.

Hoping it is everything I'm hoping it is! :-)
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

Johow
Expert

Post by Johow » Mon May 04, 2015 10:47 am

I notice now that after coming back up on 8.2 that quite a number of my apps are gone. I will try to reload them and hopefully be successful. I'm not in it as a profession but it is certainly frustrating when you think a bunch of work has vanished.

Johow
Expert

Post by Johow » Mon May 04, 2015 11:05 am

supanorton wrote:Nice to hear you didn't lose your work. I'm also using a 128 gig Air 2 with 8.3.

Do you remember what you were doing right before the crash? Just curious if there's something you can think of for us to avoid.
Not much really, I had just picked the iPad and opened Auria. I hit the play button, my first thought was I had muted some of the tracks as I could hear some parts but very few. I had the mixer screen up and when I went to the edit screen I notice most of the tracks had flatlined. Then I loaded an alternate backup and it looked fine, I attempted to replace the bad file by saving this as the same name as the corrupt file and this is when Auria crashed and would not reopen.

King
Expert

Post by King » Mon May 04, 2015 12:38 pm

Johow wrote:...it is certainly frustrating when you think a bunch of work has vanished.
Frustrating and quite scary, especially when working with clients.

Hope all goes well pretty soon!
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Mon May 04, 2015 3:19 pm

[/quote]Not much really, I had just picked the iPad and opened Auria. I hit the play button, my first thought was I had muted some of the tracks as I could hear some parts but very few. I had the mixer screen up and when I went to the edit screen I notice most of the tracks had flatlined. Then I loaded an alternate backup and it looked fine, I attempted to replace the bad file by saving this as the same name as the corrupt file and this is when Auria crashed and would not reopen.[/quote]

Maybe it had something to do with using the same file name?

Hopefully it leads to a better functioning Auria.

Johow
Expert

Post by Johow » Mon May 04, 2015 10:45 pm

supanorton wrote: Maybe it had something to do with using the same file name?

Hopefully it leads to a better functioning Auria.
Well it seem to me that I often save a file with the same name I have already been using. And the data in the first file was already corrupted when I loaded the second and tried to save it or actually tried to replace the first one. Anyway, after all the was said & done I ended up deleting the corrupted file and then I was able to save my backup using the original file name. It could well and probably was something I did that confused the app. I do sometimes act impatiently and cause myself problems. Such is life....