A how to question, probably about MIDI

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Johow
Expert

A how to question, probably about MIDI

Post by Johow » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:48 pm

I recently dug out my old Alesis trigger IO. For the unfamiliar, it is a device that allows drum pads to trigger midi sounds on your computer device. It doesn't seem to work widely with iOS but I did get it to work with thumbjam for iPad and I was able to record the resultant drum playing into Auria as a stereo pair. Now I am trying to send each sound from thumbjam to a different track in Auria. I assigned each trigger to a different MIDI channel in the T IO, but I'm not sure what to do in either thumbjam or Auria to finish this configuration. I'm hoping that the new version of Auria will make this much easier but we haven't seen that yet. Any helpful hints about how to record the different thumbjam sounds independently would be appreciated. Currently I am trying to record 5 different sounds on the same pas. I see in thumbjam a bunch of instrument outputs but that doesn't seem to relate to midi channels. Well, thanks for your help!!!
Air2 128GB, Auria Pro, Loopy, various apps in my collection. Assorted microphones, old m-audio mini keyboard, home made E-drum set, can of rocks, a bunch of home made acoustic and electric guitars, Basses, mandolins and guitjos, +other noise making toys.

King
Expert

Re: A how to question, probably about MIDI

Post by King » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:59 am

_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

Johow
Expert

Re: A how to question, probably about MIDI

Post by Johow » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:04 pm

King wrote:This (may) help!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ESwEHuX0xcU
Interesting video but the problem is the drums, all of them, is just one instrument. Guess I'll wait till auria pro provides its own midi sequencer.
Air2 128GB, Auria Pro, Loopy, various apps in my collection. Assorted microphones, old m-audio mini keyboard, home made E-drum set, can of rocks, a bunch of home made acoustic and electric guitars, Basses, mandolins and guitjos, +other noise making toys.