EHX Freeze pedal inside iPad?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Tivoli

EHX Freeze pedal inside iPad?

Post by Tivoli » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:42 am

I like the Electro Harmonic Freeze effects pedal. ( Bill Frisell using one youtu.be/mSUwC8hWj8o )
I would like to have this effect inside the iPad. I looked at all the pedals inside JamUp, Ampkit and Tonestack and tried it with Echo Pad but I couldn’t find a solution.
Any suggestions?

Bob Amser
Expert

Re: EHX Freeze pedal inside iPad?

Post by Bob Amser » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:17 pm

I'm not aware of any equivalent.

I have some physical pedal effects that I really like and I tend to just bite the bullet and record those 'wet' by DI or recording by micing up an amp.

I know we like a dry signal you can mess with, but I do most of my guitars this way and it works well. You can still mess with the EQ and compression, and as long as you haven't added reverb, you can add that through Auria too. Works a treat.

Thanks for the post - I now want an EHX freeze pedal!!

Auria, iTrack Solo, AKG414, Audio Mastering

ajmack302
Expert

Post by ajmack302 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:19 am

Hi there, whilst it isn't exactly like the EHX Freeze you could try the Crystalline app by Holderness Media. I've used it on a few guitar tracks and it gives a nice ethereal quality to the part, and it's only £3.99 so I think you'd get some use from it even if it isn't exactly what you're looking for.

BTW, I don't work for Holderness Media!! :D

TedBPhx
Expert

Post by TedBPhx » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:25 am

There's a freeze verb in Turnado. Also if I were to try to approach that sound I'd try in Flux:Fx. Then realize that my fingers don't have Bill Frizzel's tone.

Tivoli

Post by Tivoli » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:02 pm

Great. Thanks for all the suggestions. I will have a look at those app's.

And I agree...I won't sound like Bill Frisell. And although I would love to have his knowledge and experience, sounding like Bill Frisell is not my goal in life. Sounding like myself is already hard enough :D