Running Multiple Slots from Thumbjam into Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rickwaugh
Expert

Running Multiple Slots from Thumbjam into Auria

Post by rickwaugh » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:47 am

I'm trying to run two slots into separate channels in auria. I'm using a drum kit in both slots, snare on one slot, kick on the other. I have tried with both interapp audio and audiobus. Can't get it to record, all I get is the iPad built in microphone. The interapp transport does not show up, either. I can record either way simply using thumbjam instead of thumbjam slot 1 or 2.

I'm assuming this is how it's supposed to work, that I should be able to do this, when the app shows up as slot 1 through x in the plugin list, I should be able to assign each slot into a seperate channel in Auria, and play and record them both.

Corey W
Expert

Re: Running Multiple Slots from Thumbjam into Auria

Post by Corey W » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:28 pm

Hello,
If you are using ThumbJam through AudioBus, go into the Input Matrix of Auria (Menu > Input Matrix) and on the far right of the Input Matrix window, change the routing from 'Normal' to 'AudioBus' and then route thumbjam to your desired tracks.
If you want to use IAA, first close all of your apps, then open Auria and insert ThumbJam into the first insert on your desired track. This will then open ThumbJam and give you a transport bar you can use to record into Auria.
If you want to turn off your internal iPad mic, go back into the input matrix in Auria and change the Input from 'MIC' to 'L R' (on the far right)

-Corey

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:07 pm

Hi Corey, not sure if you understood. Thumbjam works fine as you described. However, you can open up multiple instruments in it at one time. When I look at auria when adding plugins, there is one "thumbjam" and also "thumbjam slot 1" and "thumbjam slot 2". I want to send one "slot" to channel 6 in Auria, and another "slot" to channel 7, at the same time. Should this work?

Fitz
Expert

Post by Fitz » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:27 pm

Thumbjam seems to work fine as IAA for me. I rarely see the transport bar in Thumbjam but I managed to record 4 slots of Thumbjam onto 4 different tracks of Auria. I didn't need to change any inputs in Auria, just opened each of Thumbjam's slots on separate tracks and it all worked fine.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:41 pm

All at the same time?

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:33 am

Tonight, I'm no longer getting microphone. Instead, crazy loud obnoxious noises, sounding like feedback.

Fitz
Expert

Post by Fitz » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:51 am

Yes, at the same time.
I created a new project. Created 4 new tracks. 1st track I loaded Thumjam slot1 in the first Input slot, 2nd track Thumbjam slot2 etc. In Thumbjam I have 4 instrument in each slots. Pressed record then play in Auria and played away.

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:15 pm

rickwaugh,
Fitz is correct in his setup rundown to record into 4 separate tracks into Auria at once from ThumbJam. You won't see the IAA transport unless you are using the ThumbJam stereo output plug-in in IAA (the one that says nothing about slots)

-Corey

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:01 pm

Finally got this. There is a setting in thumbjam, midi input omni mode, I gets it seems everything in one channel. Turned this off, and it's now working.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:22 pm

Also got it working with audiobus. Had to purchase the multi routing, but I can now send multiple instruments to multiple tracks, and have the transport in thumbjam.