Lost all audio after auria had insufficient memory (solved)

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

John Platko

Lost all audio after auria had insufficient memory (solved)

Post by John Platko » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:12 pm

I opened Auria, it was set to a project I was working on without issue. I got a message saying there was
insufficient memory to load project (something like that) and now all audio data is missing.

Ummm. what now? Is my audio lost? Deleted?

Edit: Poking around with I funbox I can see the audio files are still on the ipad, just not on the tracks. Should I load these manually?
Last edited by John Platko on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Lost all audio after auria had insufficient memory

Post by Rim » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:23 pm

Usually, it's just a matter of loading a snapshot. Even if you didn't create your own snapshots, Auria takes a snapshot every 10 minutes, so most likely there's a good one there to use. Just load the project, and go to Snapshots/Load snapshot.

Rim

John Platko

Re: Lost all audio after auria had insufficient memory

Post by John Platko » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:39 pm

Rim wrote:Usually, it's just a matter of loading a snapshot. Even if you didn't create your own snapshots, Auria takes a snapshot every 10 minutes, so most likely there's a good one there to use. Just load the project, and go to Snapshots/Load snapshot.

Rim
Thanks, I managed to recover everything. Before I saw your response I did a search and found a similiar one. I replaced the project file with a safety version that was automatically saved and then loaded a snapshot and everything was recovered.

Perhaps I didn't need to use the safety file, i don't know.

The whole experience will make me more careful about backups.

I need to do a few more searches and learn why this happens.

Your software had my back - well done!

FireDean

Re: Lost all audio after auria had insufficient memory (solv

Post by FireDean » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:36 pm

Hi
HELP ! I lost a great song with a drum track that is irreplacable. Seems as though I too have fallen in this dark hole ...

I am using Auria to record on my iPad
Auria froze when I tried to save a project to Dropbox and I have not been able to reload project since. I see the file exists in my local drive and load individual waves from there but not the project as a whole as it was made.
At one point Auria displayed a window indicating this may have been caused by a lack of memory and reccomended closing other programs which I did and then I noted that indeed I had little local memory remaining so removed 34 Gig of files from my iPad and rebooted. I then opened Auria saw my project listed under the 'Recent Projects' tab but again it would not load and I recieved the same memory message. Disaster is 4 days old, I cant reach Auria, I called Apple and they suggested reinstalling Auria but I recieved a message when I went to do that which said deleting App would also delete all files , data asscoiciated with it. To destroy my files so that I could retrieve them seemed insane so I have not done this. I also tried to load the project again and rename the file snapshot file exstension per another post on this board regarding this matter but that made no sence to me either since the problem is I cant load the project to begin with and see no way to rename the files.
Sincerely
fd...aka...Desperate in NYC!

Spud
Expert

Post by Spud » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:18 pm

If you install the free program iFunbox on a PC, connect the ipad to the pc, you can browse the Auria projects folder and see if your data exists. Good luck!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:38 am

Here's what I recommend:

1. Get iFunBox for your PC and install it.
2. Browse to your corrupted project and look inside the Snapshots folder for a recent snapshot
3. Copy that snapshot file to your computer, then rename it to be the exact name of your project (but make sure it still says .prj at the end). In other words, if your project was called song, rename this snapshot to song.prj
4. Copy the renamed file into your corrupted project's main folder. There will already be a file with this same name there, just overwrite it.

Now try to load your project again. If it still gives you problems, try this again with a different snapshot.

Rim

Bob Amser
Expert

Re: Lost all audio after auria had insufficient memory (solved)

Post by Bob Amser » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:18 am

Hi,

I’ve just had a similar problem. My iPad Pro is half empty, but it did say insufficient memory when I tried to load my project. When I try to load a snapshot, it is only listing snapshots from ten days ago and (Murphy’s Law) I’ve done quite a bit in that time. I even specifically saved my own snapshot recently as I’d done so much, but it’s not in the list.

I haven’t linked my iPad to a PC for many years, so not too keen on the iFunBox work-around, but wondered whether you can try and do something similar now that we have the Files app? I’ve tried searching for ‘.prj’ but nothing comes up. Could be to do with how Files works. I’ve tried a * or % before .prj but still nothing comes up.

I’m sure I’m being thick in some way - anyone able to help?

Auria, iTrack Solo, AKG414, Audio Mastering

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:49 am

Bob Amser wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:18 am
Hi,

I’ve just had a similar problem. My iPad Pro is half empty, but it did say insufficient memory when I tried to load my project. When I try to load a snapshot, it is only listing snapshots from ten days ago and (Murphy’s Law) I’ve done quite a bit in that time. I even specifically saved my own snapshot recently as I’d done so much, but it’s not in the list.

I haven’t linked my iPad to a PC for many years, so not too keen on the iFunBox work-around, but wondered whether you can try and do something similar now that we have the Files app? I’ve tried searching for ‘.prj’ but nothing comes up. Could be to do with how Files works. I’ve tried a * or % before .prj but still nothing comes up.

I’m sure I’m being thick in some way - anyone able to help?
See https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=auri ... g_projects

Bob Amser
Expert

Post by Bob Amser » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:55 am

Thanks for that - very useful. Sadly, the same snapshots are showing as from within Auria. Can’t understand that, particularly because I specifically saved one snapshot and didn’t just rely on the auto snapshot feature.

Well, let’s re-create that five hours of work. What better way to spend a Saturday :wink:

Still, my dissatisfaction is counteracted by the arrival of a first generation Faderport off of eBay. That bad boy should speed things up!

Auria, iTrack Solo, AKG414, Audio Mastering

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:40 am

Bob Amser wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:55 am
Thanks for that - very useful. Sadly, the same snapshots are showing as from within Auria. Can’t understand that, particularly because I specifically saved one snapshot and didn’t just rely on the auto snapshot feature.

Well, let’s re-create that five hours of work. What better way to spend a Saturday :wink:

Still, my dissatisfaction is counteracted by the arrival of a first generation Faderport off of eBay. That bad boy should speed things up!
Did you look inside the backups folder in the project folder also?