will Auria *work with iPhone 6 & 6 Plus for basic tracking?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rickwaugh
Expert

Re: will Auria *work with iPhone 6 & 6 Plus for basic tracki

Post by rickwaugh » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:32 pm

It would take quite a redesign of the Auria interface to make it really usable. Even if the 6+ has high resolution, you're going to have incredibly small controls with the current UI. It would be interesting to see what could be done with it, but then it would be a different product, and probably require another purchase.

I picked up AUM for the phone. I like the way he did the interface, so that multiple channels are viewable on the iPad, but in the phone, one channel fits beautifully in portrait mode. It's a whole different beast than Auria, however, really being more a route/mixer, and basic recording interface.

rsimmons

Post by rsimmons » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:54 pm

mtingle wrote:I had the idea to have an iphone player version of Auria that could play any Auria project and perhaps have the mixer window allowing you to tinker with the mix while on the go.

With todays relatively high wifi bandwidths you could store your songs in the cloud and be able to listen to any of your Auria project's from anywhere with your iphone.

An expansion of the Auria player idea would be to allow 3rd parties to share a project and save different mixes of the song with snapshots (remixes for post production, tv work, suggesting a mix to the band or mastering engineer etc, etc). If the player only version was free I can see this being very useful for spreading Auria deep into professional studio's around the world.
That's a very neat idea I mean, for me, that would definitely be very handy since I'm traveling most of the time. I'd definitely pick this up if they made this. And if they do, just how long do you think it would take to develop it and release to the market? I want to know, so I case they do, I can start saving up for it. :lol:

Hulioeglacias

Post by Hulioeglacias » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:01 pm

Having a separate purchase would be no issue for me as I don't use. iPad at all. The use is so critical that for professionals it is a no brainer to purchase 2 separate apps as opposed to having $no$ app at all!

Hulioeglacias

Post by Hulioeglacias » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:36 am

Rim wrote:No, Auria is an iPad only application, and there's no easy way for me to even compile it to work on an iPhone, due to the different screen aspect ratio.

Rim
I wouldn't care even if it was the exact same app just stretched all funny with no re-rendering, at least as a beta test. Just simply ported over with no changes to graphic layout at least on the 6S plus I could do something with it. If you look at Ntrack they haven't bothered to port their graphics over either and I'm already used to having to tap on a ridiculous tiny control for everything.

Igneousflame

Post by Igneousflame » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:38 am

Personally, I can't really see the appeal of Auria on the phone, surely it would be almost unusable from the point of view of visibility ? I've got Korg Gadget on my 6+ and (for me) that's pushing it.

Hulioeglacias

Post by Hulioeglacias » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:25 pm

Then there's no reason to post here is there? This is about people who will use it on the phone. And if you look at one of my other posts there are several digital audio workstation is working on the iPhone 6s including 'multitrack' which works fine and has a totally usable interface even on the old iPhone 3GS. Take a look at it and you'll see that multitrack audio has been done for years successfully on the iPhone.

Igneousflame

Post by Igneousflame » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:47 pm

This is a forum and someone else started the thread. Looks like Rim isn't going to implement it anyway.

Yahyahyah
Expert

Post by Yahyahyah » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:47 am

Would I be right in thinking Auria Pro for the Apple Watch is not happening anytime soon?

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:58 pm

Yahyahyah wrote:Would I be right in thinking Auria Pro for the Apple Watch is not happening anytime soon?
You get one knob. And you have to tape the watch to the back of the guitar.

Omighty

Post by Omighty » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:54 pm

What would this new iPhone version of Auria do that multitrack cannot? Auria is not meant to be basic. Rather the focus be on the main app instead of watering it down to work on a tiny screen that's going backwards.