Downgrading to iOS 7.1.2

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

steviee8
Expert

Downgrading to iOS 7.1.2

Post by steviee8 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:24 pm

Decided to upgrade my iPad to iOS8 but got the same audiobuss errors. Not a big deal to me since Auria worked fine even with "Final touch" and "Jam up" working together. Kudos to the Auria team!
My Korg iPolysix and Amimoog however wouldn't even start up. So I decided to go back to 7.1.2, (screw u iOS-Shite)

My main question or issue is that when upgrading to 8, Auria kept my current mix of the song that I was working on. Cool. No problem there. But when I downgraded back to 7.1.2 and restoring from a current "restore file" I lost the song and well all of my automation, mix, eq etc...
I figured that in iTunes when I back up my entire iPad that it would back up my entire iPad. I guess not.

Whats the best way (in the future) to save all my songs "stuff". I've tried dropbox but my storage size is small and it takes a long time. Can I thru iTunes take all that info and drag it to my computer and then later if need drag it back to the iPad?

thx
S8

steviee8
Expert

Re: Downgrading to iOS 7.1.2

Post by steviee8 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:45 pm

I think I answered my main question. File sharing thru iTunes. I'm an idiot. :lol:

djjuniorpops
Expert

Re: Downgrading to iOS 7.1.2

Post by djjuniorpops » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:35 pm

Honestly if you already upgrade it makes no sense to downgrade, I am still on iOS 7 and trust me there is lots of problems with the Apps that has already been upgraded to iOS 8 and the new AudioBus SDK. We just got to stick it out until they sort out the issues.