Recorded tracks being played back thru FX/IAA plugs

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sodium
Expert

Recorded tracks being played back thru FX/IAA plugs

Post by sodium » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:53 am

After/whilst racking a guitar part using Bias as IAA, on playback the guitar audio is getting routed thru the Bias plug again and obviously sounds completely wrong . Is there something I'm not doing to have my takes play back normally without being routed thru the effects plugin channel?

Cheers,
na
"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Recorded tracks being played back thru FX/IAA plugs

Post by Rim » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:02 am

Plugins (including IAAs) are normally not recorded. The usual workflow when using a DAW is to only record the dry signal of your guitar. This way, you can use plug-ins on the dry signal and shape it the way you want. However, if you want to record the wet signal onto a track, you can certainly do that by enabling the "Record Effects" option (tap and hold on the record enable button for that track). But if you do this, you need to remember to disable or remove the plugins on that track after you're done recording, otherwise the track will have double the amount of effects during playback.

Rim

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:48 pm

When I record guitar using Jam up pro, Bias or Amplitube thru IAA it always records the amp and pedal effects, wether I record effects or not, and then the playback with play thru the amp again, thus having the amp sound applied twice until I bypass or remove the IAA instance of the amp. Maybe because the Amp sim is get the input from the guitar also,I have no idea why to be honest. If I'm playing a track straight without any punching it doesn't really matter. To make as already long story short lol, using bias or Jamup thru Audiobus works great and you don't get a double processed sound.
If you could send or bus the output from the track using Bias via IAA to another track s record input I'd imagine you would hear the double processed sound either.
At any rate I like that Auria records the amp and effects when I use IAA.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:47 pm

Strizbiz wrote:When I record guitar using Jam up pro, Bias or Amplitube thru IAA it always records the amp and pedal effects, wether I record effects or not, and then the playback with play thru the amp again, thus having the amp sound applied twice until I bypass or remove the IAA instance of the amp. Maybe because the Amp sim is get the input from the guitar also,I have no idea why to be honest..
Same here. I double checked after Rim's advice and none of my tracks are set to record effects.

I haven't tried using Audiobus yet but would actually prefer to use Bias/JamUp as IAA.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:26 pm

This might indeed be a bug with the IAA implementation. I'll have a look.

Thanks,
Rim

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:29 pm

Tnx, Rim!

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:51 am

Idk if it's so much that Auria is recording the effect from bias or jamup , in other words, if you could actually go to the settings in bias or jam up and turn off the input it's getting from what ever interface it's seeing or bypass it you'd get a clean sound recorded and not have the sound be double processed in playback. Which now has me thinking if we bought the actual Jamup plugin for Auria we wouldn't get a sound that's double processed until we disable Jamup.
The only thing for me is that I've literally purchased every in app purchase available for Jamup pro, every pedal, every amp, and I bought Bias on top of that.
If I knew all my in app purchases worked with the plugin I'd get it but I'm kinda doubting it. Maybe after all said and done and I have nothing else left to buy I'll get it, lol.

Here's something maybe someone can test ( I can't because I'm using an irig )
If you have an interface with a least 2 inputs, use Chanel one for the bias / jamup input but don't plug your guitar in it, then use channel two for the track you're recording to in Auria and use Bias/ jamup via IAA , in theory it seems like this should work and you should be getting the amp sound recorded unless you chose to.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:53 am

OK, thanks for the additional info. I'll look at this when I'm testing.

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:20 pm

FYI, I've just fixed this bug, and the fix will appear in the next update.

Rim

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:48 pm

Sweet!

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:58 pm

You're tops, Rim! Thanks!!