Is it possible to enter values by typing?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Duckmandu
Expert

Is it possible to enter values by typing?

Post by Duckmandu » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:30 am

Is this possible either in the FabFilter plugins or in other parts of Auria? Sliding my finger around is very imprecise, and besides the values I'm trying it get (like an exact EQ frequency for instance) get passed by, even when doing fine adjust. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

- Aa (Duck)

Bob Amser
Expert

Re: Is it possible to enter values by typing?

Post by Bob Amser » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:40 pm

Not so far as I know.

I got one of those pens that works on the screen. Just an idea.

Auria, iTrack Solo, AKG414, Audio Mastering

Duckmandu
Expert

Post by Duckmandu » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:00 pm

Yes, I have been using a stylus, which does seem to improve accuracy. But for instance in the equalizer it's still sweeps past certain values! For instance, I was trying to design a hum canceler by cutting 60 cycles and the harmonics of 60 cycles. There's no way to get right on 60, 120, 180 etc.

Also as auto punch is the only form of punch in possible in Auria, I would like to be able to define these points with precision!

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:44 pm

In the PC/Mac versions of the FabFilter effects, double-clicking on any knob allows entering values directly. Unfortunately, this functionality has been changed in the Auria versions such that double-tapping a knob returns it to the default value (e.g. zero). This is the same as most of Auria's mixer and ChannelStrip knobs. I think there was a brief discussion about this, many moons ago, but I don't recall the outcome.

@Rim: Is it possible to employ double-tap-&-hold to bring up a value entry dialog?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:46 pm

Double-tap and hold is actually a great way to do it. I'll add this to the wishlist.

Thanks!
Rim

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:22 am

@Rim: Excellent! Thank-you. Please also ask FabFilter to add it to their list too :wink:

distraub
Expert

Post by distraub » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:31 am

I was wondering if this made it into the latest version? I am trying to setup some mastering and having trouble with Fabfilter plugins getting precisely the right frequencies on Pro-Q

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:02 am

No, still on my list. And plugins are all made by third parties, so it's not something I have control over. I can certainly suggest that kind of functionality to all the vendors, but there's no guarantee they'll adopt it.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:14 pm

There is a trick to getting the Fabfilter plugins to make accurate changes. Place your first finger on the adjusting dial and Place a second finger on the screen (second finger must be touching the Fabfilter Plugin too and not outside the plugin window) and hold it down while your first finger makes the adjustment. You should notice the numbers or frequencies move much slower. Leave your second finger on the screen until your finished your adjustments and have removed the first finger off the screen. You may now remove your second finger from the screen.gauranteed to work every time. This also works when using an external midi mixing device via CC#. Cheers and this helped. ~~_/)~~~*

distraub
Expert

Post by distraub » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:28 pm

Thank you Anthony that works much better!