PLEASE HELP! mixdown/panning issues

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Kojicash

PLEASE HELP! mixdown/panning issues

Post by Kojicash » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:06 pm

when I mix down my tracks, sending a mp3 or wav file to dropbox, how come I can barely hear sounds that I have panned on one side when i listen to them on another system? when i listen to the track in headphones, everything sounds perfectly panned. I mean, I can hear all the sounds perfectly fine on one side but on the other side i hear the sounds faintly or weak. what am I not doing at the mix down stage? I have not touched the routing, input or output matrix. please help.. (does this make sense?)

Phil999
Expert

Re: PLEASE HELP! mixdown/panning issues

Post by Phil999 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:18 pm

what you can try is to pan all channels to the center. Just for testing purpose. Both channels should be the same. If they are not, the problem lies somewhere else, in your listening environment, your cables, etc.

TheKidEntertainment

Post by TheKidEntertainment » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:50 pm

The big thing I noticed is that you said "headphones". If you are using them to judge your sound then that's your mistake. My advice? Buy a decent auxiliary cable and connect it to your home or car speakers if you don't have any monitors. This will give you a more accurate idea of what you want your finished product to sound like, but never use your headphones other then for recording.

Kojicash

Post by Kojicash » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:46 pm

Thanks guys! I guess it turns out to be a case with laziness. I moved into a smaller place, somehow started mixing with headphones thinking I had become a master engineer and could mix with anything.. I guess I will have to break out the monitors... Thanks for you quick and very useful responses. Your the best!