Audiocopy/paste problem

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Jo Torkel
Expert

Audiocopy/paste problem

Post by Jo Torkel » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:27 am

Hi!

Has anyone else had this problem? I audiocopy a organ track in one project. I name it, save it, and I can hear it when i "play" the audiocopy. But when I audiopaste it into a new track in the new project, something else apears in the track: An emty and mutch longer paste. I've tried several times, rebooted the iPad, searched the forum, pulled my hair and yelled at my cat but nothing seems to help. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Jo

mrufino1
Expert

Re: Audiocopy/paste problem

Post by mrufino1 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:40 pm

I've had all sorts of problems with audio copy since ios7. I never really used it that much anyway, but it doesn't work with 24 bit files and even with 16 bit I haven't found it to be too reliable.

bash

Post by bash » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:07 am

Are you going into the config (gear icon) of the pop-up that appears after you hit the A. Paste icon? Selecting the "Audiopaste From Pasteboard" is only an audition of what's on the Pasteboard. The config screen (gear icon) on the top right lists where and how many copies are going to be pasted but you must choose the easily overlooked "Paste" word at the bottom of that screen to actually drop the contents of the pasteboard into the track. Anyway, that's what I discovered after a few futile attempts and getting nothing in my track.

Caveat: Not sure what app you're pasting from but the above learning experience comes from exporting to Pasteboard within Funkbox and dropping the drum loops into Auria. Works flawlessly now that I know how. :D

Update: Just sunk in you're talking about a project-to-project paste within Auria. Nevermind. I haven't attempted that yet. :p

Jo Torkel
Expert

Post by Jo Torkel » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:07 pm

Thanks anyway.

I tried the audiopaste function in a new project with 2 empty tracks and it works perfectly in this project. No problem at all. The organ part I audiocopied from the first project apears as i should.

I'l number the projects to try to explain the problem. I audiocopy an organ part from project 1 and try to audiocopy it in project 2. No luck. An empty, and mutch longer than the original, paste apears in the track. I then launch a new project (3) with two emty tracks and the audiocopy works just fine.

I'v tried to test it with all settings in the same position in project 2 and 3 and tried in on both mono and stereo tracks. Project 2 is large with a lot of tracks (all frozen exept the empty ones). Maybe thats the problem...?

Jo

starfugger
Expert

Post by starfugger » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:00 pm

Im sorry to hear this. Here's a workaround: mixdown. Try to mixdown the track, and then import it into your other project.

Jo Torkel
Expert

Post by Jo Torkel » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:41 pm

Thanks Starfugger! Very useful advice.