Mac version of Auria?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

silent climb

Mac version of Auria?

Post by silent climb » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:23 am

Are there any plans in the pipeline for a Mac version of Auria?

Geronimo
Expert

Re: Mac version of Auria?

Post by Geronimo » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:30 am

Haha

silent climb

Post by silent climb » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:35 pm

By your response I'm guessing that this is not in the pipeline then.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:37 am

geronimo doesn't work for WaveMachine, so that's not an official response ;)

We have no plans at this time for a Mac version, but we may consider it down the road.

Rim

silent climb

Post by silent climb » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:03 am

Thanks Rim, glad to know that it's not been counted out altogether & is still a possibility in the future. I, for one would definitely buy it on Mac if it were ever developed/ported across. Cheers :D

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:25 am

I'm sorry, it was just a funny question to me. It would actually be interesting to see how a pure pro iOS DAW would translate into the world of full-fledged computer DAWs. The direct approach that comes with a touch interface and the refreshing simplicity that emerges from that could actually benefit the classic DAWs well.

But then again Auria already has a lot of the classic DAW design in it, and maybe isn't as intuitive as it could be on an iPad. But i'm not sure either how to improve that, especially in a way that pleases everyones workflow.

I've heard a lot of good things about the actual workflow in Cubasis, but i haven't tried it yet, and don't think i'll spend another 50€ for an app that i'll only use until MIDI arrives for Auria. But from the videos i saw it seems like it's whole GUI suits the touch screen approach really well. Maybe that's something that Auria could adapt a little, for it's own improvement and for the increased appeal of a MAC version of a pure iOS DAW. Then this could really make some sense.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:16 am

on occasion I've thought this would be useful. Create a song on the ipad then move it over to the mac to finish it off using the extra plugins that could be available (AU and VST's).

At the moment I move Auria projects to Logic to finish them off, but that is mainly for the plugins. I wonder if it's easy to port to OS X?

BlackBox
Expert

Post by BlackBox » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:00 pm

Yeah now I have a an imac and really hope it becomes available! I think it could give logic a run for it's money in time!

BlackBox
Expert

Post by BlackBox » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:42 pm

Or is it because Auria would out do the over rated Logic and Apple would start breaking Wave Machine knee caps! :?: :wink:

hansendesigns

Post by hansendesigns » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:17 am

A mac version of Auria FREE (like nanostudio already offers) would be helpful esp if you could use the ipad as a controller.

rayetheridge
Expert

Post by rayetheridge » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:27 pm

I would stick with its original design and purpose and not migrate towards a PC/Mac DAW: Auria will not over come Reaper, ProTools or Logic.

It would be interesting to see where Auria innovates as the iPad becomes more and more powerful hardware wise. Consider that the iPad 4 has the dual-core 1.4ghz and 1GB of RAM. That is almost a whole core extra if not more than a iPad 2 or 3. With this in mind the hardware power will eventually innovate and reach laptop and desktop performances.

The iPad 5 might sport a A7 processor and 2GB of RAM which will give Auria even more plugin and track counts. But...scrolling that many tracks on a small 10" inch screen would be annoying.

Possibilities:
1. Side chain/link another iPad to increase track counts and plugins.
2. Consolidate a 2-4 track menu to have for a "live" mixing stage for small venues. This of course will have to somehow bring latency down to a minimal.
3. With the iPad getting more powerful; eventually design a application extension that will allow Auria to be a digital live mixing station for a full blown band. This would revolutionize portable bands.