Metronome Was recorded in auria.

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

acaonweb
Expert

Metronome Was recorded in auria.

Post by acaonweb » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:47 am

I hope it is a problem of my sound card (beringher uca222) and not a problem of auria and iPad2, but when I record a track I can hear (very low volume) the metronome recorded in background.
And the same if I record a second track, I can hear after recorded the other existing tracks very low volume.

Anyone have the same issues?

Thanx in advance.

Fabrizio
iPad Air Pro 11 iOS 16.3 WiFi 512 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com

Washboy
Expert

Re: Metronome Was recorded in auria.

Post by Washboy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:21 am

I have a Behringer UFO202 (very similar to the UCA222) and I'd be willing to do some tests for you but I'd need more info on what you're doing and how your Auria is configured re metronome (e.g. what's your input to the UCA222? How are you monitoring your playback (headphones off the UCA222, speakers off the UCA222?)).

Is the metronome actually being recorded, or is metronome configured in Auria to be on during playback as well as record? In other words, do you hear the faint metronome during playback even if you turn off metronome during playback?

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:56 pm

Yes, I mean metronome is recorded into the track... Very very low volume but u can listen it
Ill try to send a demo
iPad Air Pro 11 iOS 16.3 WiFi 512 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:33 pm

This is most likely a bleed situation, as Auria doesn't have an audio path that goes from the playback side to the record side. Are you sure it's not bleeding from the headphones into your mic? Also, some audio interfaces have poor crosstalk specifications. Check your manual for the actual crosstalk specs. For example, if the crosstalk is only -70dB, and the metronome is playing at +10dB, you could have a -60dB signal bleeding through.

Rim

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:57 pm

-77 dB @ 0 dBV, 1 kHz

busybeingborn

Post by busybeingborn » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:40 am

This is an old thread, but I have exactly the same issue with Auria Pro on an iPad Pro. After recording me playing guitar, I can hear the metronome. Not loud, but during low-volume passages. Thanks a lot for a hint, as I can’t see any workaround.

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:07 pm

busybeingborn wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:40 am
This is an old thread, but I have exactly the same issue with Auria Pro on an iPad Pro. After recording me playing guitar, I can hear the metronome. Not loud, but during low-volume passages. Thanks a lot for a hint, as I can’t see any workaround.
Would you please describe in detail your setup and how you are recording your guitar? There’s no way the metronome gets recorded unless there’s some audio bleeding from a speaker or headphones into a mic or a problem on the audio interface.