Auria 1.1.....any news yet ?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

djjuniorpops
Expert

Re: Auria 1.1.....any news yet ?

Post by djjuniorpops » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:42 pm

Rim how does one become a beta testers

69strat
Expert

Post by 69strat » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:06 pm

[quote="Rim"]Sure, like I mentioned, it's Mackie MCU or Mackie HUI. These are the only protocols that Auria will support in 1.10 for full remote control. They are pretty common standards for remote control in the desktop DAW world.

Rim[/quote
Does anyone know if this http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FaderPort would work? Sorry for the rookie question, I am a Midiot. My interface is a duet 2.
Thanks!

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:23 pm

69strat wrote:
Rim wrote:Sure, like I mentioned, it's Mackie MCU or Mackie HUI. These are the only protocols that Auria will support in 1.10 for full remote control. They are pretty common standards for remote control in the desktop DAW world.

Rim[/quote
Does anyone know if this http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FaderPort would work? Sorry for the rookie question, I am a Midiot. My interface is a duet 2.
Thanks!
Yes it indeed does work. The FaderPort uses HUI for all of it's communication and it is the unit I too am looking at purchasing should my Axion controller fail to work. I like that the FadePort has 1024 levels of resolution on the 100mmm motorized fader. Hope this helps. Cheers
~~_/)~~~*

69strat
Expert

Post by 69strat » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:52 pm

Very helpful, thank you sir!
If you pick one up I'd love to hear your thoughts on how it works, I'll do the same.
Pete

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:24 am

We've only tested Auria with the official HUI and MCU units, but since the FaderPort does HUI emulation, I'd expect it will work.

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:25 am

Apple only allows a certain number of testers per year for a given account, and we're already at our threshold.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:33 am

Heres another good one to keep an eye out for and affordable

1x100mm touch-sensitive motorised channel/master fader
4 x dual function encoder knobs (Enter & rotate)
Large backlit LCD to display channel name, control values etc. for each channel
Jog wheel shuttle for fast search and control
Illuminated channel buttons including Rec-enable, Solo and Mute.
6 illuminated transport buttons including Play, Stop, Rec, Rewind, Fast forward and Loop
16 illuminated function buttons.
8 illuminated assignable MIDI function buttons (F1-F8)
2 illuminated Fader buttons for shifting the motorised fader to different channels
2 illuminated Bank buttons for shifting 8 channels up or down
Extremely compact and designed to match the MacBook ProTM
Class-compliant with Windows XP, Vista (32-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit), and Mac OS X (IntelMac)
USB 2.0 high speed connectivity
Mackie control build-in for Cubase, Nuendo, Samplitude, Logic Pro and Abelton Live.
Mackie HUI protocol build-in for Pro Tool.
User self-define mode (MIDI Learn) for other DAW such as Sonar.
Firmware upgrade available simply via USB connection and iMap software.
Template labels are included for difference popular DAW such as Cubase, Nuendo, Samplitude, Logic Pro and Abelton Live .
USB bus-powered
iMapTM software included for easy mapping of MIDI functions.
Robust aluminum and metal casing with Kensington lock port
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (19.64 KiB) Viewed 17085 times

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:37 am

Rim wrote:We've only tested Auria with the official HUI and MCU units, but since the FaderPort does HUI emulation, I'd expect it will work.

Rim
Which are the official HUI MCU units? Baby HUI? Mackie Cintrol Surface? Avid Mix? If so could you test a unit thats not $1000? Lol

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:26 am

HUI and MCU are two different protocols. HUI is an older one based on the Mackie HUI, which is no longer made. It seems to be emulated in a lot of devices. The MCU Pro is still available from Mackie. I believe it's the only one they still make.

You can still pick up HUI and baby HUIs on eBay as far as I know.

Auria's implementation is pretty nice - you can control all the faders and knobs, switch between editor and mixer screens, adjust all the plugin and channelstrip parameters, bring up a plugin view with a click of a button, control the transport, and so on.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:14 pm

Those are great daw control features. That's why I have been investigating the topic very heavily over the past few days. I know the history of this mackie code I am just trying to pin down a product that we can all use that will work with Auria and the mackie MCU/ HUI and is affordable and operates via USB. I'm also checking wether these units have to be Core Compliant as well. Hopefully there can be some compatible devicess added to the Auria Interfaces list. Cheers.
~~_/)~~~*

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:37 pm

Sounds good!

Rim

pipo79
Expert

Post by pipo79 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:10 pm

You guys are great ! It is very impressing what you are doing and it is such a big help for me using Auria with my band - rock on !

Guilleonline
Expert

Post by Guilleonline » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:57 am

Yes indeed. auria is now the core of my music. Please check this vid out! http://youtu.be/jXCoLY_iTH4

Even though the whole thing wasn't completely in Auria, the tracking of all instruments were done in Auria. The beat is just an mpc, and although it was a little cumbersome to line them back up in Auria, with the new update the workflow will be a thousand times faster.

Rim which of those 'single fader' controllers would u recommend? Any othe one that hasn't beenbrought u maybe?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:23 am

I haven't tested any of the single fader controllers. Only the real HUI and MCU Pro. We'll need to get some of them in here for testing.

Rim

Manawanga

Post by Manawanga » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:26 am

Hi Rim,
Presonus makes a really nice single fader called the faderport. It works USB and is not too heavy. Some laptop folks use them but it seems even more suited to the iPad mix. I love mine. Please include it in your tests if and when you get to that point: http://www.presonus.com/products/FaderPort
Thanks,
Masauko