Auria Mix Entered in a Major Mixing Contest

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Auria Mix Entered in a Major Mixing Contest

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:14 pm

I just finished and submitted my master mix of Oh Baby by The Lisa Colby Band from NYC for Fab Dupont's (my recording hero) Gearfest PureMix Contest. I'm up against mixes done on ProTools and famous outboard gear. Lists like; Neve, SSl, Fatso,Pultec,Focal, ect. And then there is my entry all done on Auria using Fabfilter and PsP plugins. Im proud of the mix as there where many challenges within the live tracks and I had to use some very specific techniques to overcome these problems. The ProC pretty much saved the day with specific frequency compression. I tried to give the feel of a live but yet mastered performance. All the musicians are top notch so the performance was great and wonderful to listen to over and over again as I mixed. There are more than $18,000 in prizes and I have my eyes set on the Lauten Atlantis mic but I would have to win to get that. So wish me luck and go to my site to listen to this mix and see what you too can do with Auria. Cheers and thanks for all your support.
https://soundcloud.com/anthony-alves/au ... by-by-lisa

You can also see all the other entries on the gearfest pruemix group. cheers

Jus
Expert

Re: Auria Mix Entered in a Major Mixing Contest

Post by Jus » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:04 pm

Best of luck with your entry Anthony 8) may the Auria Force be with YOU 8) 8) 8)

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:12 pm

Anthony, you are an inspiration to me not only for the seriousness you put into your craft but also your decision to leap fully into the Auria world. Best of everything with the contest - thanks for letting us know!

Regards,
phil.

ajmack302
Expert

Post by ajmack302 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:28 pm

Sounds great Anthony. Very well done, good luck in the competition.

Aaron

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:04 am

Good luck Anthony. Sounds great!

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:02 pm

Thanks so much everyone for your support. I love this forum and everyone here seem like friends on a mission with me. I've had some incredible responses to the mix already. I believe I am the only iPad entry and Auria entry. Everything else was done on the Mac or Pc or higher by some serious pros. I probably won't place but at least everyone can hear Auria's strength and I hope I did her creators justice with my mix. Were spoiled because we get to play with Auria everyday but now the world can see what it really can do and what we have all been excited about for almost a year. After doing this mix I realized that I do much better work on a mix for others than I do for myself. Maybe now I will change that.
Thanks again everyone. cheers.

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:03 pm

I hope you get that Lauten Atlantis mic! Sounds great, Anthony.

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:49 pm

Good Job Anthony! Sounds prizeworthy keep up the good work- and thanks for all your forum
input. Ever so helpful and informative just downright Aurial
jp

steviee8
Expert

Post by steviee8 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:15 pm

Very nice. Can you tell us what mixer you went thru. And what sound card you used. Also what mics you used. The vocal is very beautiful. I see what you mean about the drums with the mics picking up too much hi hat. Being a picky drummer that's the only thing I would've done over. If I had the chance. It's a little hard when its live, you wish you could say wait, stop, let's try this... ;).

Keep up the good work.

Remember that the mic is the most important part of recording. If you spend money start with a really good mic. Ribbon mics are what I'm trying to buy. I know Fab loves Royer ribbon mics

Peace. And good luck. I hope you win or at least get others to say "Wow, You did that on an iPad?" :lol:

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:04 am

steviee8 wrote:Very nice. Can you tell us what mixer you went thru. And what sound card you used. Also what mics you used. The vocal is very beautiful. I see what you mean about the drums with the mics picking up too much hi hat. Being a picky drummer that's the only thing I would've done over. If I had the chance. It's a little hard when its live, you wish you could say wait, stop, let's try this... ;).

Keep up the good work.

Remember that the mic is the most important part of recording. If you spend money start with a really good mic. Ribbon mics are what I'm trying to buy. I know Fab loves Royer ribbon mics

Peace. And good luck. I hope you win or at least get others to say "Wow, You did that on an iPad?" :lol:
Hi Steviee, No mics or mixers from my part as the tracks were supplied by Fab Dupont and the track stems were made available to download so that you can mix them. The mic placement was done by Fab and it was up to the mixers to catch the problem and fix it. Cheers.

steviee8
Expert

Post by steviee8 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:46 pm

Ok I understand. I guess that's why it's a contest.

Jadewin

Post by Jadewin » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:52 pm

Good luck Anthony. Sounds great! :mrgreen:

pipo79
Expert

Post by pipo79 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:56 am

Soundcloud denies the access - tells me its a private file - i live in berlin

BlackBox
Expert

Post by BlackBox » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:02 pm

You weren't the only one Anthony. I went all Auria as well!