How do I cut up one session to multiple ones

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

steviee8
Expert

How do I cut up one session to multiple ones

Post by steviee8 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:35 pm

Basically I recorded a live show, 40 minute set. But I want to keep each song separate in its own "song" or "project".
Is there any suggestions of a way to do this that doesn't create or take up more space or memory?

I don't see a "save as" option. I don't even see a save. I guess it auto saves. But anyways...
It there a way to cut and paste all tracks of just one part to a different project? And name that project?

Thanks

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: How do I cut up one session to multiple ones

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:51 pm

Before you do anything back the project up to either your iTumes or backup the project in Auria. Now the question is was there just a stereo track of the nights recording or was it in several tracks of a live band. If its a stereo track then simply cut the track where you want it and mixdown that part to a stereo track and name that track allowing you to later load it into a new project via the import audio feature. If its on several tracks then simply mix down all those tracks individually and name them then load them up into a new project then save that project. this will take up more hard drive space until you delete the original files, once you have deleted the original file then the new files wont take up much more space than the original file size did. cheers and hope this works.