TC Helicon GO SOLO

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

TonzaW72

TC Helicon GO SOLO

Post by TonzaW72 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:40 am

Hi ...

Awfully lost in trying to record MIDI-through this interface into Auria.
I have this Acoustic / MESH - Drum Kit with two modules ; Alesis Trigger IO and a Roland TMC-6 . I'm trying them one at a time .

Somehow I can't get any MIDI to the soft (no signal, though the tracks armed, and an appropriate input channel is set .)
The Go SOLO MIDI - port is selected and I've tried channels 1 and 10 on the modules, but nothing seems to come through .

Funny I can't get signal into Garageband either .

- T -

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: TC Helicon GO SOLO

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:00 pm

The Alexis trigger IO and the Roland TMC 6 are both trigger to midi devices and will output their midi to the iPad without the Go Solo. Just plug these boxes directly to the camera connection kit providing you still have one of those iPads. You will need to charge the iPad at the same time so as to provide power to the iPad and midi box. If you don’t have a powered connection kit then you can use a powered usb hub. Auria is limited to how many usb devices it can display on the midi assign screen so sometimes people can have many usb midi devices or midi inter apps loaded on the iPad and some cannot be accessed because you can’t see them to touch them. To test your setup create a new midi project and connect only the midi trigger box and set the midi input, midi channel and select the green music note sign on the midi track in the mixer view to see the midi being triggered. If your using a drum app to play as you trigger the drum skins send the midi out to the app inside the tracks midi settings. You can also just test the Go Solo midi by connecting a midi keyboard controller to it to see if you can indeed enter midi notes through the Go Solo without the drum trigger modules connected. Good luck.

TonzaW72

Post by TonzaW72 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:53 pm

I'm using a 8th gen. iPad (Software 15.5) , that has a USB-C type port .
Don't know about using a dedicated hub, though ; Shouldn't the GO SOLO's - MIDI features work on their own .

I've now set up a Yamaha MIDI-Keyboard (CBX-K1), that is powered on it's own "off the wall" .
I've connected the cable, that came with the GO SOLO, so that the DIN - goes to MIDI OUT - port on the Yamaha, and the small plug on the other end goes to the GO SOLO.

Still nothing comes out of this audio craziness . (): .

- T -

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:39 pm