New update big issue

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

PUMP
Expert

Re: New update big issue

Post by PUMP » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:50 pm

The 14.2 fix doesn’t work on the App or the Beta version still crashing

PUMP
Expert

Post by PUMP » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:10 pm

Auria is the only app that has always kept me on iOS I’ve been here since the beginning and I feel I’m starting to see the end of this app.... I’m gonna pray on it but in the mean time I’m going back to Logic Pro X.... My iPad may be a thing of the past here soon

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:47 am

Like I mentioned in the last post, iOS 14.2 has a bug. Apple has confirmed this. Try to avoid 14.2 if you can, or roll back to 14.1.

Apple has fixed this bug in iOS 14.3 (and 14.3 beta).

In the mean time, I will be releasing a new Auria update which disables CoreMIDI if it detects it's running on 14.2, which will get rid of the crashing.

Rim

NoiseHorse
Expert

Post by NoiseHorse » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:46 am

Thanks Rim for the upcoming update. I assume the best thing we can do to help is to send detailed crash reports whenever an issue comes up like this. Anything I can do to keep Auria Pro running smoothly is a small price to pay for this great DAW. Thanks again!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:12 am

Thanks. This one's beyond our control, as it's an iOS bug. I've submitted the update to Apple a couple of days ago, but still waiting for the review.

Rim

Cathulu

Post by Cathulu » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:20 pm

This issue involves some kind of memory issue among others. When I reset the CPU memory (power off but instead of slide to power off hold the home button down until it resets) then Auria can work a bit without crashing at least for smaller projects.

I hope this will fix the camera connection issues I have with my XR18. I think that started with the latest Auria fix.

Apple is taking their sweet time with this next update. Maybe they are flooded with App updates due to buggy iOS...

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:55 pm

Auria 2.29 just got approved. This should prevent all the crashing issues related to the Apple CoreMidi bug.

Rim

NiFloSo

Post by NiFloSo » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:45 pm

Hi, I am new here and in the auria world, I think it’s a great app, but I bought it for use it professionally and this week I had to do some postproduction on a podcast not for fun but for money. It crashes too much for a lot of different issues, I love the app but if you need to finish the job and it continually crashes, it’s not so pro. Please fix it, I know it’s a lot of work, but we paid for the app and is selling as professional.

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:50 pm

NiFloSo wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:45 pm
Hi, I am new here and in the auria world, I think it’s a great app, but I bought it for use it professionally and this week I had to do some postproduction on a podcast not for fun but for money. It crashes too much for a lot of different issues, I love the app but if you need to finish the job and it continually crashes, it’s not so pro. Please fix it, I know it’s a lot of work, but we paid for the app and is selling as professional.

What OS version are you running?

What Auria Pro version?

Can you give details of the situations in which it crashed?

Perhaps there was a particular AUv3 or other app involved?

If you provide details it will help the developer.